TOUR WATER CYCLEWater Cycle
ATL is a water supply public-law entity of the regional Government of Catalonia. Its main responsibilities are:
- To produce and distribute drinkable water to supply the municipalities, including the treatment, storage and distribution
- To execute, maintain, preserve and operate the facilities of the water supply network
- To supply bulk fresh water to 117 municipalities and 5 million inhabitants
- To operate 3 drinking water treatment plants and 2 desalination plants
El Prat del Llobregat Reclaimed Water Plant, It is owned by the Barcelona Metropolitan Area (AMB) and operated by Aigües de Barcelona. consists of two treatments in a row:
- Basic treatment: Physical-chemical treatment + Microfiltration + UV + Chlorination (Capacity of treatment: 285.000 m3 / day), for environmental use.
- Advanced treatment: Ultrafiltration + Reverse Osmosis + UV (Capacity of treatment: 15.000 m3 / day), for injection into the barrier against saline intrusion.
IDAEA is an environmental science institute in the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) devoted to the study of the human footprint on the biosphere. Our four lines of research services on Circular Economy are:
- Resource recovery and process efficiency
- Water reclamation and reuse
- Chemical toxicology
- Occupational health